Saturday, January 07, 2006

Another Attempt at Shopping

Today, I wanna go and get myself a decent handbag for work. I also need another nice-looking tote bag (similar to that of Harrods' plastic tote bag) should there be a need to bring extra work home. The realisation that a second bag is needed came yesterday when I decided to leave work early so that I could have ice cream with Yingchia and Ai Li and the only bag that Ai Li could give me was a crumpled old NTUC plastic bag. How absolutely glamorous - especially when I'm trying not to look like an Ah Soh. I don't want to get Harrods' bags though, unless I buy it from Knightsbridge. So, no Takashimaya-bought Harrods' bag for me, thank you very much.

Doesn't this just make me sound so snooty. Icks.

Still, I need a sturdy plastic tote bag which will not enhance my Ah Soh image. Of course, knowing how I'm such a failure at shopping, I don't harbour hopes of getting that sturdy plastic bag today. As for the handbag, I've already shortlisted what I want so it's just a matter of summoning enough strength on this cool rainy Saturday afternoon to get out of the house.

P.S.: In the past, I have always brought a big bag to work so I could stuff everything plus 10 chickens into my bag effortlessly. But this year, I've decided to look less of an Ah Soh and more of a working girl ergo, the tiny little handbag to work. Thus the need for another bag for everything else and the 10 chickens.

No comments: