Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Remote Control Needs Reprogramming

One of the perks of having children is that they can function as your remote control.

For example, if you want someone to put your slippers in the kitchen, you can just get your children to do it. Why move when your children seem to have boundless energy and can move from the living room to the kitchen and back to the living room faster than you can get off the couch?

Lately, our dear Farah seems to have developed the ability to do whatever I want her to do. When I found a ladle which belongs to the kitchen among her toys, I asked her to put it back in the drawer in the kitchen. And that ladle went dutifully to the kitchen, into the said drawer. Amazing, right? So, I've been making use, erm, no, I mean, I've been training Farah to tidy up by directing her to put various things back to where they belong.

This afternoon, her pillow was in the living room. I asked her to put it on her bed, in her room. I didn't check.

Some time later, I went to the kitchen.

This is what I saw:


(For those who cannot appreciate blurry images taken by a phone, that's a pillow in a kitchen sink.)

2 comments:

Ai Li Tay said...

Lol!!!

tea tea said...

this is so funny!!! cannot tahan! mwahahahha!