Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week 26 and Other Matters

I *think* I'm entering Week 26. (checks pregnancy calculator) Yup. Week 26, it is.

The pregnancy is going on smoothly. Baby is growing well. The last check-up shows that the placenta is still low. But, that's a small matter. I just have to ensure that I take all the precautions to avoid early labour. And, if it's still low at the end of the pregnancy, C-section it will be. But, it's okay. I'm not so bothered as to how the baby comes out. As long as she comes out safely.

My stomach is much bigger now than when I was about to deliver Huda. So, this explains why I can't eat much in one sitting. (I'm quite sure I talked about this before so I shall stop here about this one.)

This pregnancy has made my tastebuds extremely sensitive. Many types of food leave an unpleasant taste in the mouth. Mamee snacks, certain types of chocolates and biscuits, instant noodles, 3-n-1 tea mix etc etc.. Basically (I really hate using that word - basically), everything that is made using additives and preservatives and strange 'food' substances like glycerides and polyunsaturated vegetable oils etc etc. I suppose, this daughter of mine will have a preference for organic food when she starts eating.

Just like it was for Huda, The Husband and I still can't see eye-to-eye about the name for the second baby. I want Fxxxx and The Husband wants Nxxxxx. As usual, I told him that I would run to the baby-name-registering-office once the baby pops and with my placenta still dangling out but he reminded me that he gave in to me the last time. Heh. We'll see. Maybe, it will all come down to a game of scissors-paper-stone.

On to non-pregnancy related stuff... (I am extra chatty tonight because I'm supposed to do my w0r;k re\/i3w but as usual, I just can't bring myself to do it. I really hate doing those things. It's not that difficult but the mere thought of it puts me off.)

The Husband and I are in a sort-of dilemma. We are presently looking for a new place because we realise that while our place was cosy enough for the two of us, there's just not enough running space for the little ones. The problem is, we are looking for a place in only a few blocks and it should preferably be on the higher floors and it must be certain units. Given these specific requirements, our choices are very, very limited.

So, the dilemma is, should we do up the girls' room or not? Presently, Huda is still very contented to sleep on the mattress beside our bed. We do/did(?) have plans to kick her out move her to her own room soon. Because of the hunt for the new place, we are unsure if we should put in so much time and effort in doing up the girls' room only to use it for a few months (should our dream flat appears). But, there is also a possibility that we won't find the dream flat all that soon so, we need to move Huda and the little sister to their own room. What to do? What to do? Maybe we should also solve this problem with a game of scissors-paper-stone.

There is at least one more thing I wanted to talk about but, as usual, I can't recall what it is.

Now, on to that \/\/0rk r3v|ew... *big sigh*

 

9 comments:

Ai Li Tay said...

IF you are definitely going to move, then i suggest you don't bother doing up the room....

irris irris said...

Good to know yr pregnancy is progressing well :)

Huda will be thrilled to have a little sis !

nad makhuda said...

but what if we take years before finding a new place? that's the dilemma lor.

nad makhuda said...

she gets excited when she sees babies. i hope she'll be just as excited when she realises that the little sister is going to share her space and her parents and her toys and her everything.. :p

Ana mn said...

My opinion:
Since you don't know when the dream flat is coming up, do the girls' room la. Simple simple ajer la. If you intend to get a bed and wardrobe, you can still take these items when you move out what. :)

I think with the second one coming, another room is necessary. But again, how would Huda feel when she has to move out of your room when her sis arrives? So, start now la. At least the jealousy tak meluap luap.

I am also thinking of moving Sarah out of my room and convert the study room to her bedroom. *sigh* project yg dah lama di idamkan tapi belum dicapai.

tea tea said...

maybe u can do the room but not extensively since u still haven't found your dream home yet... kalau tooe xtensive, nanti bila betul2 nak pindah, sayang pulak..all the effort and all...

and yup, good to know ure doing well!

Kai Ling Lim said...

call her Nxxxxx Fxxxx . or Nxxfxx/ Fxxnxx. first and middle name.
Like mine, here, sometimes my name is Lim and Kai, sometimes it's Ling Lim all kinds of variations..... if she has both first and middle name, it doesn't matter in future when she's in oxford, cambridge or stamford to study.

nad makhuda said...

i realise all those x make it look like they're some words which you find in everybody's vocabulary but not in the dictionary, hor?

we die die also want simple names so calling her by both is not an option. so, if she were to go to angmoh school, her middle name will be binte. wahahaa!

but the angmohs will never get it lah. no matter how many asians they meet, they still insist that everyone's name must follow the same convention.

nad makhuda said...

rohana - ideally we should start now. but you know lah... us parents (specifically me) have many reasons (read: excuses) not to..

tea - must still make the wardrobe. that's the thing that i am most hesitant about. i hate the non-built-in type because the top of the cupboard will be home to lizards and other insects which i truly detest and i know i'm too lazy to climb up a ladder to clean the top of the wardrobe. so, it's either built-in or nothing. so leceh hor? (and so many excuses)