Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Firstborn

Yati & Suraya - this is my reply to the facebook tag thing.

 

 

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?

Yes. 2 years of child-free life before baby makes an appearance.


2. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?

Grateful to Allah for the precious gift.


3. HOW OLD WERE YOU?

That was '05. So, I was 28.


4. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?

Home pregnancy test kit. And after that, a trip to the GP nearby to confirm it. (Suraya, I wish I had visited the polyclinic! Didn't realise that it would have been so much cheaper!)


5. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?

The Husband.


6. DID YOU FIND OUT THE SEX?

Yes. It’s a girl!


7. DUE DATE?

26 April 2006. (And I will not forget this due date cos it’s also Murniyati’s birthday.)

8. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?

Did I? Oh goodness. I didn’t have morning sickness. I had all-day-and-night sickness. It was absolutely horrifying. Lasted ‘til 5 months, after which it was just occasional, sporadic vomiting.  


9. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? .

Nothing!! Which was terribly annoying. Because I’ve prepared The Husband for 3am trips to hunt for roti prata but it never materialised.

.

10. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?

Smell of food. Any food.


11. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?

Girl.


12. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Not at all. I didn’t really care what the gender was. I just wanted a healthy baby.


13. HOW MANY KILOS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?

8 kg.

.

14. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Nope.


15. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
It was not surprising that I didn’t have a baby shower cos I’m not really into these things. :P


16. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?

Where do I begin? Hahaa! Naaahh.. not really that bad. I just had a super-small baby. IUGR, that’s what the condition is called. Intra-Uterine Growth Retardation. And, between week 32 and 33, the baby didn’t grow at all so I was hospitalised.

.

17. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?

KK Hospital. And I am so glad I chose KK because the staff at NICU and SCN took care of Huda so well. And the follow-up care is just as excellent.


18. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOUR?

I wasn’t in labour at all although I was stuck in the labour ward for one good week of my life.


19. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?

I was hospitalised after my Week 33 check-up and I think I got to the hospital by cab so it was the taxi driver who drove me there.


20. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?

A couple of doctors (not my gynae cos I had to downgrade so my gynae could not attend to me), an anaesthetist, the anaesthetist’s understudy, some nurses – one of whom is a friend of mine.


21. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?

C-section. That’s why there were so many people.

.

22. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?

Is it possible to do a C-section without any medication?


23. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?

1.136 kg


24. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?

16 March 2006. Her birthday is coming!


25. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? 

Huda. Yup, only Huda. No Nur, Siti, Nurul, Muhammad, Abdullah etc. We like to keep things simple.

26. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?

2 years, 11 months.

 

 

2 comments:

su s said...

i think i'm goin to do this for my second born too. I had kept a journal for my first born and it got lost thru post when we were shifting :(

nad makhuda said...

su - just get started! forget about the past few years that were not documented. just get started from the present. they are still young and it will make for good memories and reminders of their baik-ness when they were younger..