Sunday, December 21, 2008

Week 30

I have hit Week 30. It felt like it took forever to get here and now there's only 10 more weeks to go.

This will be a whiny report so, if you are looking for jolly pregnancy stories, do check again in a few weeks.

I'm discovering, quite late, how some foods simply don't agree with me - mostly things that have gone through some form of fermentation process: cheese, tofu, yogurt. They make my stomach feel all queasy, but, thankfully, no vomiting. Spicy food also does not agree with me these days. I vomited after having my weekly prata a few weeks ago so I've sworn off roti prata for now.

I am now tired, tired and tired all the time. When the tummy is queasy, I would think that a good walk will work things out. Unfortunately, a short walk leaves me tired and breathless. I need to walk very s-l-o-w-l-y which is most annoying. And when I see a bench or a bus stop or anywhere where I can stop to rest, I will. I get THAT exhausted.

And, after walking from my mom's place to mine just now (The Husband asked a few times if I wanted to just cab it but I needed to calm my queasy tummy so I insisted on walking), I was so very spent. My muscles were aching - even in places I didn't know I had muscles. I just had to lie down by 7.30pm. But, I had to make sure I woke up less than 2 hours later. Otherwise, I'll wake up at midnight and will not be able to fall asleep til 4. Which was what happened a few nights ago.

Sleeping is not too easy these days. I take a long time to fall asleep and when I am finally asleep, I keep on waking up at all hours. I don't know if that is pregnancy-related or something else. Whatever it is, it is going to be difficult to wake up at 5.30am when normal working hours begin next month.

There is one other thing that's bothering me somewhat about this pregnancy. But, I'm not going to worry about it for now and will wait for the 32-week scan next month to ensure everything is okay.

So that's it. Week 30 and counting.

2 comments:

Liza Ali said...

Hang on...reaching the finishing line soon!

Ana mn said...

Can't wait to see Huda's sister...hehehehehehehe