Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reaching Week 8

16 July 2008 Miserable. I've been vomiting everything out since yesterday. Nothing stays inside. I'm exhausted from all the vomiting and my arms feel like lead. I can't even summon enough energy to pick up my pen to start marking. And then, there's the sudden tightness in the chest and quickening of the heartbeat. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

17 July 2008 Taxi fare's up again. I'm not made of money, LTA!!! I'm taking a taxi because I'm too weak to take the bus and MRT. Now, to go home from my mom's place at 6.30pm, it'll cost me a minimum of $4.20. Grrrr.

19 July 2008 Trying to be positive. So will write about happy things. The vomiting is still ongoing BUT it does not happen all the time. I need to eat a teeny eeny weeny little bit each time and everything will stay in. Alhamdulillah!! I'm also trying to eat more of yang food - which means heaty food. According to my sinsehs, yang food can help me up my energy level whereas too much yin food at this stage will make me weak. No wonder. I have been surviving mostly on fruit for the past 2 weeks and I've been soooooo lembik. So, now, it's time for more beef, fish and even durian which is so in season now. I MUST EAT - that's my mantra these days.

20 July 2008 My brother's wedding today. Yes. Another brother. Thank goodness the next in line to get married is only 19 so there's still 5-6 more years, the earliest, before another wedding takes place in the family. Anyway, I was telling my mother and my brother-the-groom that I would be an ineffective member of the wedding party as I would spend all the time lying down upstairs while the wedding reception's taking place downstairs.

But, ever since I started on this yang eating programme on Friday afternoon - which sees me forcing myself eat all sorts of food that's been classified as yang by my sinsehs - my energy level is on the rise! Miracles!! I've been praying for a miracle and this is it! I actually managed to join in the wedding festivities, welcomed guests with a big smile and talked to makciks and pakciks and et cetera and et cetera. Miracles! Miacles! Miracles! Alhamdulillah.

23 July 2008 The vomiting and the weak feeling come and go. Occasionally, I feel good. But there are times when I feel lousy, especially those times when I'm bent double over the sink. The vomiting is really not as bad as Huda's time - that was when I vomited everything out and this yang diet would not have worked at all. So, I'm counting my blessings, appreciating the fact that I can at least nibble on some food this time round.

14 comments:

Eity Norhyezah said...

Hang in there Nad!!

nad makhuda said...

memang lah tengah bergantung ni.. kat tempat kerje.. uwek.

foryourbub foryourbub said...

hoping for more miracles to come and u'll get better and better as the days and the months go by! Amin! take care nad!

izadnhana Ismail said...

i SO don't miss this. LOL!

tea tea said...

let's hope for more miracles to come! and things will get better and better as the days and months go by! Amin! Take care nad!

Ana mn said...

The vomiting will go away soon right? It will not be throughout your pregnancy right? So, hang in there. I really feel for mothers who are pregnant. Though it is joy to be pregnant, the vomiting part really makes u sick and want it to be over asap. I have a song for you. You imagine the tune urself la...hehehehe

Who should I give my love to
My respect and my honour to
Who should I think most of the time
After Allah
And Rasullullah?
Comes your mother.
Who next? Your mother.
Who next? Your mother.
And then your father.

Wah so huge mother status ah. Don't 'pray, pray'. heheheheheh

nad makhuda said...

ouh.. tell me about it.. i definitely will NOT miss my pregnancy after i've given birth. i didnt even miss my first pregnancy.

nad makhuda said...

yes!! i'm hoping for more miracles! i'm hoping that all these discomfort will last til week 10. after that, a smooth-sailing pregnancy please!! (after all, i had more than my fair share of pregnancy discomforts with huda so, there must be a trade-off somewhere, right?)

nad makhuda said...

i really really hope so. it lasted for 5 months with huda. let's hope that it'll end soon now because i had 2 months extra vomiting with huda. :)

Liza Ali said...

CONGRATZ NAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope the mcm-nak-rak phase will pass real soon. I had a langsung-tak-muntah pregnancy with Irfan and so I had my fair share 2nd time round, 5 mths + last trimester of vomitting. So yes...let's believe there is a trade-off :)

Azlifah Afizukil said...

Nad...all dat vomitting....sounds like another girl to me ;o)

Liza Ali said...

Azlifah...I beg to differ pls. I had horrendous vomitting and it's another boy!!!! Bluek!

nad makhuda said...

az - but now i'm vomiting less leh. anyway, boy or girl, really doesnt matter lah. i just want an easy pregnancy & healthy baby. can can can???

liza - yeah lor. really no way of telling. mak aku, for ALL her pregnancies, dia muntah2 dahsyat sedahsyat2nya. end result: 5 boys, 3 girls.
and yes yes yes!!! i'm hoping that there really is a trade-off because today i felt a million times better than last week. hopefully, the good days are coming!

mrs shafei z said...

Ameeen.
and congrats. ^__^