Monday, March 31, 2008

A Long Night Ahead

I have something due tomorrow.

I could have finished it much earlier but Huda woke up at 9.30pm and I only managed to put her back to sleep at 11pm. So, for the past hour, I was furiously trying to keep sleepiness at bay while finishing the work.

A few minutes ago, I completed it and closed the word document.

BUT, instead of clicking yes to save, somehow, I clicked no.

I just finished banging my head against the wall some 2 seconds ago.

WHY????! WHY????? WHY???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue

Now, almost two hours later, I was closing this window and that. I have finished everything - more or less (but more to the less).

And then, history almost repeated itself.

I clicked that dastardly X in the corner.

"Do you want to save the changes to WWWWW?"

Tired, sleepy and cranky, I did not register those words and almost, almost clicked No again.

But, heng ah. I woke up from my daze in time to avert yet another possible disaster.

6 comments:

che' puan said...

Oh no..!! Well... bang harder..! Hehe..

nad makhuda said...

Banged liao. Tapi kertas periksa yang aku tengah buat masih tak keluar keluar lagi.

Liza Ali said...

Gosh...aku pun kadang2 gitu...fingers faster than brain.

Kai Ling Lim said...

moral of the story: learn to press ctrl S every few other seconds.

Raggedyanne Faudzi said...

aiyooo nad! takleh recover ke? bukan ada auto save kapa?

nad makhuda said...

liza - why are we like that? so easily we go on auto pilot, eh?

anne - i tried to look for the temp files but i couldnt find them. the last time it was auto-saved, i was only halfway through the paper.