Saturday, February 24, 2007

Eating For Two

Breastfeeding is really not as simple as it seems.
 
I am pretty much a social eater and one of those people who eat to stay alive. I like food but a bit of hunger does not have much of an impact on me. I generally stop eating before I am full. If I am sick, I'll eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.
 
But breastfeeding means I have to take stock of my eating habits.
 
Now, I have to make sure that I have three square meals a day with one palm-size of meat per meal.
 
It is not easy for me, I tell you. But I have to even though I find it mildly stressful to constantly ensure that I am eating and eating a lot.
 
---
 
Actually, I should stop complaining. Other breastfeeding mothers suffer from cracked nipples. My only problem is having to eat a lot. Sometimes, my bimbo-ness surprise myself.  

No comments: