Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 2012

Doing monthly updates now. Hopefully I can sustain this for a while.

I am soooo inundated with work. My honeymoon period is over and I now barely have time to even check my facebook. I am now involved in areas which I previously have no interest in. But I should learn and expose myself to things which are completely new so as to rejuvenate my brain cells so that I (hopefully) do not get a severe case of dementia a few years down the road. 

Farah's School Life

It was pretty uneventful, the first few days. She barely cried so I thought all was going to be okay. But, like Huda, the tears fell much, much later. After she overcame the baby talk (see previous entry), she started waking up in the middle of the night. (Both kids have been sleeping through the night, up to that point.) Sometimes, she would come to my room, wake me up, and tell me in a sad little voice, "Mak, besok Farah tanak pergi sekolah tau?" (Mak, tomorrow I don't want to go to school.") 

Then, she started telling me nonsense like, "I don't want to go to school because my teacher's eyes are too round."

Sigh. I'm sure one day, she'll start enjoying school as much as Huda does. Til that day comes, I have to tolerate all these sob stories coming from her.

Farah the Theatre Practitioner

She can turn her tears on like a seasoned performer. As of now, it's still amusing although I don't really humour her much when she starts her tear-y sessions. She'll just bury her face in her eyes and sob quietly. It's seriously amusing when that happens. You'll see her shoulders moving up and down and you'll hear those gentle sobs coming from her. 

She does this whenever anything displeases her, even something so small and insignificant. The other day, Huda decided to sit in the front seat when my father sent them to school. Farah, feeling lonely at the back, started sobbing. One day, I ended a phonecall with TheHusband without passing the phone to her first, she started sobbing. My brother and sister teased her about taking her bag, she started sobbing. 

But, it's not that she's some weepy little girl. When my nephews tease her (and this can be particularly annoying), she'll turn into some feisty little thing and will disturb my nephew back. So, there's really no pattern in sight for now. It really totally depends on her propensity for theatrics at that point in time. 

Huda's Quran Reading

Aiyoooh. Ever since the new school term started, it has been very, very erratic. I'm trying to keep it to at least 4 times a week instead of daily recitation as planned earlier. 

Huda's School 

I don't know!!!

Gaaah!

School A produces very good results but Huda will have no life for the next 6 years as homework will keep her very occupied . It helps that her cousins are in the same school too so it'll be more convenient when school is closed for Marking Day or whatever reasons. Only one adult needs to take the day off to take care of the kids and we can save on our childcare leave. 

School B is very, very near our house and TheHusband can send the kids to school in the morning. Its results are okay; I think.

Should I put School A as first choice or School B? Both schools will still be double session next year so I doubt either school will be popular among parents. Hopefully, there won't be any balloting needed. I think I will wait til the last day of P1 registration before I make up my mind where to register Huda. 

Argh!

---

All right. That's all for now. Hopefully I'll put up another entry soon enough. More about the kids and the antics they get up to (plenty). 

6 comments:

Ana mn said...

Nad, I was so undecisive abt Sarah's P1 schoo. Even after submitting the registration form to School A, I washaving second thought and sanggup retract registration so that I could submit in School B. Hahaha....kecoh!

Huda is so cute! I was imagining her cryng like that and I would be amused too:) Farah lagik cute! Kalau aku teacher dia, agknya apa yg dia comment about aku....hahahaa

I must return to blogging cuz there are so mny stories i wanna tell.

irris irris said...

Gosh, Huda's going to P1 next year already? I didn't know even teachers had such dilemmas. Put her in your school?

nad makhuda said...

Rohana/Nani - This which-school-to-send-the-kids-to is such a headache! Putting her in my school is not a good idea because getting to the school is inconvenient. The bus that serves the school only operates at certain times and only during the school term.

Nak kene solat istikharah to figure out which school to send her to.

tea tea said...

nad, next time there's a 'Drama Queen' tshirt, I'll get for FArah! I love her antics!! mwahahha!

Ok ok, u cannot believe this, i'm going to do PV, of cos' PV starts from july this year and tt's how i'll spend my leave, at the primary sch tt's nearest to my home bcos my neighbour next door didn't manage to get her daughter in although it's just 5 minutes away from our block! GRRRR~! so her daughter is now in a primary school that's 20 minutes walk away. the sch that i wanna pur hazim in is ok, it's not very results-oriented I'd think, at least not like Mee Toh but it's 1 of the 2 established ones in my area compared to the other 2 new schools so i guess with Punggol becoming soooooooo crowded recently, we have more competition for thsi school. GRRRRRRRR

I die2 have to get into THAT pri sch cos' it's in between my block and my in-laws. It's THE most convenient school and I'll go through the same route like what I've been doing since Dec 2008.

Hope u'll get the school of ur choice, insya Allah!

nad makhuda said...

yati - u are gonna spend all your leave on your PV duties? i hope you get the school! convenience is a major plus factor.

about this farah. we thought huda was into theatrics but farah so far has shown possibilities of outdoing her sister by a mile. :p

tea tea said...

nad, not all of my leave but I guess major 1/2days or full days i reckoned, since need to clock in 40hours. Since the PV can be shared between spouses, I hope F would be able to put in some hours too. But a huge proportion of the hours would still need to be done by me. F doesn't want to put H in the same sch tt he'll be posted to also, bcos' H would need to go to sch as early as F and may have to wait for F at sch even though H might have finished his classes earlier on. So, yes, convenience is the factor for us. Thanks! Hope u'll get ur school of choice too!