Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Quick Quick One

This is supposed to be a super quick entry. I'll type everything that's on my mind now and then post it at the end of the session. Hopefully before Farah wakes up from her morning nap.

1. Farah caught HFMD and Huda got it a week later. It was terrible for F who had about 10 ulcers in her mouth. H had 2 ulcers only (one on each side of the inner cheek - and even then, the left side appeared after the right side disappeared) but she being a drama queen, her reaction to the ulcers were, well, dramatic. F didnt want to drink milk or eat and her diapers were dry. It was as traumatic for me as it was for her. But, thankfully, now both girls have completely recovered and I hope they will never get it again.

2. During this episode, my parents were not in Singapore! Boohooohoooo!! I am not a very efficient SAHM, you see. I always escape to my parents' when the girls are not feeling well. *guilty giggle* This time round, I had to do everything on my own. What a grown-up I felt like.. :P

3. Talking about growing up, years ago, my sister told me that when she turned 30, she would change all her skincare products to SK2. She was using Clinique then. Apparently, 30 is the age when your skin starts ageing. At that point, I figured that I would start taking care of my skin when I turn 30. Prior to that, I was using my sister's Clinique product (when we were still living as singletons in my parents' household) and after I got married, I washed my face with my husband's Kao Biore for Men. I know that I am extremely hopeless. Now, some 2 years plus plus plus after turning 30, I'm still using my husband's face wash.

I had been lucky because the skin on my face is very hardy and can tolerate all the nonsense I do to it (and what I don't do to it) without leaving much of a blemish or a scar. But, not anymore. Some kind of cosmic revenge, TheHusband calls it, but I've been having pimples appearing very, very frequently in the past 2 to 3 months. And they don't disappear, Thankfully they are small ones but they are still there.

So, it's time to start some kind of proper routine.

(If you are doing multi-level marketing and want to promote your products to me, please don't call me for an appointment. Just tell me about it via email and I will decide. Don't hound me, please. Thank you.)

4. More about ageing. My tastebuds are changing. Which could be the reason for the pimples. I've always liked plain water at room temperature and I had no interest in any form of sweetened drinks. Lately, however, I've developed a liking for orange juice, bandung, copious amounts of tea with milk. Aiyoooo. It's frightening.

As it is, I'm hardly exercising so all these sugary stuff isn't good at all.

5. About exercising - I need to build up my stamina. I was, shamefully, breathless after a short sprint for the bus.

6. But now, let's talk about food. Heh. My parents brought back the most succulent and tender leg of lamb from New Zealand and my mother cooked it last Sunday. I know I sound terribly deprived but that was the best ever member-of-the-sheep-family I had ever eaten. I didn't even need much to satiate myself. It was so tender, so sweet, so rich, so so so sooooooo nice. And it was probably be the only occasion in my life when I would ever eat that but it was enough. (I had heartburn for 2 days after that but it was worth it)

7. And now, for the main reason why I wrote this: 14 & 15!!

My parents' 14th and 15th grandchildren made their debut on the 3rd of March! They are not twins. 14 and 15 are children of my younger brothers. #14 was born in the morning of the 3rd of March and that same evening, mother of #15 was admitted to the hospital for an emergency C-section due to a low level of amniotic fluid. Alhamdulillah, both mothers and both children are fine.

When you are not the one who's just had the C-section, those babies look really attractive and I just want to cuddle each one and bring them home. But when you are still suffering from the post-C-section pains, all I want to do is just lie down and sleep. This paragraph is mostly a reminder to me to not get too excited about the babies because (a) they are not mine so I can't bring them home and (b) if I do have #3, the pains will be worse because it would be the 3rd c-section.

8. Now, I have pictures aplenty to upload. But, as always, they will all have to wait. (Wait for what? I also dunno.)

13 comments:

tea tea said...

both F and H got hfmd??! alahai kesiyannyer but glad to know they are completely recovered and yes, NO MORE!!

ur skin is still flawless la... tiny pimples are not as serious compared to cystic pimples or nodules.. but yes, better to start taking care!! :) go nad go! my skin got lesser flaw up till i was 23...after tt, it was the attack of the adult acne and been battling with it for *gulp* a decade lonnnnnnnnnnnng!! a reminder to me that nothing is permanent but i'd still need to be a good steward to myself..( i take care of my diet too but they appeared and appeared...)..even my tooth is not permanent anymore... :P (dun worry, i'm over it.)

wah sedapnya lamb yg ko makan tuh... i'm not much of a lamb-eater too but wah your description buat orang teruja...haha! like how u described wagyu beef from sf house to me that i just had to quench my craving..and memang sedap!!! ...

ur brood is expandingggggggggg!! congratz to ur bros!! i am still waiting for hazim's 1st maternal cousin to make her debut.... should be anytime now... so exciting!

Ai Li Tay said...

I must take a look at your face to decide if it has gotten worse, which I suspect it wouldn't be. I mean, your face has always been flawless! And stop telling me it is not, like how you tell me you are fat!!!
Some people are just blessed with good skin. And figure. Haiz. Ask me ask me, I can recommend some good products to you... hehe.

Did SK2 work well for your sister?

Does ageing cause taste buds to change?

nad makhuda said...

your sis is due anytime now??? wahhh!! very very exciting! i love carrying newborns. they are complete angels! cant wait for the weekend to come for me to lay my hands on one of my new nephews.

and yes, that lamb is absolutely divine! i also dont like lamb and mutton and sheep and well, any members of the sheep family lah. but this one is different. unfortunately, aku berbual banyak2 pun, bukan kau boleh dapat rasa. unless, u go NZ and bring back a leg of lamb? maybe you can? yes yes yes????? i'll then ask my mom how she prepared it and you can cook for me. hahahaa! *so shameless*

nad makhuda said...

tell me, what products are you using? bear in mind that i am lazy and i dont want anything that involves more than 2 steps. and preferably something that i can do while i'm bathing.

i'm blessed with a good round figure. my stomach is now like a balloon. but i will not show it to you. i'm too vain for that. each time i step out of the house, i'll use methods of concealment like corsets and stuff like that. so u'll never see the extent of my roundness.

SK2 - i'm not one of those people who can see whether a skin product is good or not because i dont really notice these things. anyway i see my sister so frequently that i cant tell whether the stuff she uses work on her or not. anyway, she works at nat'l skin centre so she's aware of the various prdts available.

is my changing tastebud caused by ageing? dunno. but there definitely is a change and since i'm growing older, it's convenient to blame all changes on ageing. :D

Ai Li Tay said...

Ermm....then i think you better go look for some other help. Let me know if you ever find one.

nur azean said...

congrats on ur new nephews, ive always like newborns n everytime i see them im so tempt to have more. However after my last c sect my gynae kinda 'freak out' n told me if can stop at 3.Gee i have 5 more healthy years to have babies...accident could happen. My gynae said I have adhesions isk isk. But Nad go for more, the more the merrier. Just look at how sweet huda n Farah..arent they an inspiration to have more :)

nad makhuda said...

aili - i was just thinking of facial wash. occasionally, when i'm very very free, maybe i'll slap on a mask or something. but next week you'll show us your patting method. i should be able to do that while i'm feeding farah.

azean - what on earth are adhesions? what will happen to you if you decide to get pregnant again? i am not ruling out #3 but my #3 (and final one, that will be) will only come in 2012 so that there's a 3-year gap between each child. BUT, i'll be an old mother. 35 years old. i'll need a walking stick to go after the poor kid.

nur azean said...

Adhesions when ur intestine n fats (for my case) stuck to ur womb, my gynae told me he had to remove part by part b4 he cld cut up mu womb, sound scary bt adhesion happened to 2 or more c sect therefore my gynae said this to me if u cn stop at 3 but if u happen to be pregnant never mindlah let it be,bt it will be more difficult.Thought of making my brood to 4 when he said that, scary! Having at 35 nt that old, less energy, if my mum in law cn deliver at 45, u also can!

nad makhuda said...

azean - so the doctor had to cut away the fats ah? i dont mind. when i come out of the operating theatre, i'll have a flat tummy. woooohoooooooo!!! actually, that's not such a bad idea - trim away the fats while doing a c-section.

su s said...

SK2 ad always say they have a patented ingredient in their cosmetic - Pitera, which they say comes frm the steam of freshly cooked rice...so whenever my rice is cooked , I lifted the rice cooker lid and and hover my face in the steam for a minute or 2. Saves this SAHM some $$!
Nad, with all your grouses...I really shud meet up with u and see for myself this transformation of yours. Alhamdulillah the gals r fine now.

Ana mn said...

Tastebuds changing? Pregnant again eh;-D

nad makhuda said...

so does it work? isnt the steam super hot? cos i was once scalded by the steam that came out from the vent of the rice cooker. sakit seh.

but i'm gonna try this lah although the sk2 ad said that the sushi makers rolled the sushi in their hands. which means, we should actually use cooked rice as a mask. maybe, next time there's leftover rice, i'll use it as a mask. i'll tell you if it works. heheheee..

nad makhuda said...

not yet daaaaaahhh.. IF IF IF IF IF (can i make that IF any bigger?) there's a #3, she is not supposed to make her appearance until 2012 - by which time i'll be an old old woman.