Thursday, August 27, 2015

Blessed Life

It is so easy to take so many things for granted and so at times, in the midst of doing something, I have to pause and count my blessings. When I was hanging the clothes one day, I thought of how my arms were in perfect condition, good for lifting those poles. Not too long ago after the Implanon insertion, I could barely raise my arms. And how good it is to be able to bathe with no restriction; hands that could reach the back of the neck and no wounds that must be kept dry.


Ihsan had another heart scan last week. It was only 6 months ago when he was struck with KD but it really felt like a lifetime ago.

Alhamdulillah. Whatever issues he had with his heart are all gone. The dilated arteries & the aneurysm - all gone. Masya Allah. God is good. And with that, no more daily aspirin.

We are so very blessed. Thank you Allah. May all of us be granted good health and a steady iman always.


3 comments:

Nani said...

I truly agree. Never take anything for granted, and be thankful for anything!
Just one small tiny chemical imbalance, or neural deficit, a slight difference in length of limbs - they have dire consequences! So let's not sweat the small stuff and be thankful - even for the ability to do laundry!

And I'm so glad to hear the little one is well. Alhamdulillah. May he stay healthy always.

tea said...

Alhamdulilah! So glad to hear that Ihsan is well. :)))) Insya Allah, he will remain healthy always..

So true so true.. when i had mastitis long long time ago and i was incapable of lifting my arms, it struck me how blessed i am to be able to lift my hands effortlessly on all other days. Truly.

nad said...

Salaam yati & nani!

amiin! may Allah grant us and our little ones and our parents good health always.

it's true, nani. just the seemingly smallest thing out of balance, and it throws everything into much chaos. so i'm glad that my children are normal. they may not be able to multiply 2 digits by 2 digits at 3 or solve a chemistry equation at 4. but as long as they are normal and healthy, alhamdulillah. there's so much to be thankful for!